Visit this page for more information!
Helios is a DAC (PC interface controller card) for laser projectors. It is very low cost and open source, yet fast and with high resolution. It supports every laser projector with a standard DB25 ILDA port. It connects to the computer using USB, and can support most any OS including Windows, Mac and Linux. Helios currently supports several programs like LasershowGen, Maxwell, LaserShow Xpress (LSX), Spaghetti, Lasercam, etc. natively, and even more have announced that they will be supporting Helios natively in the near future.
NB: Does not include an ILDA DB25 cable! To get one, see here: http://bitlasers.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/product&path=68&product_id=86
Specifications and features:
- Max sampling rate: 65535 points per second.
- X/Y resolution: 12 bit (4095x4095)
- Color and intensity resolution: 8 bit (16 million colors not including intensity)
- Max frame size: 4095 points
- Low noise and distortion
- Shutter signal control
- Custom, persistent naming of DACs, great for multi-projector configurations
- Open source hardware, firmware and drivers
- Easy firmware updating over USB
- Drivers are OLSC compatible: Works with several existing programs
- Platform portable: libusb supports Windows, Linux, OS X, Android, OpenBSD, etc.
- Based on ATSAM4S2B ARM microcontroller, 112MHz and 64KB RAM
- Plug and play: Drivers automatically installed on Windows 8 or newer
- Black aluminium enclosure
- Connectivity: USB B female in, DB25 (ILDA) female out
- Includes USB cable
- Two indication LEDs
- Dimensions: 75 * 70 * 25 mm
- Power consumption: ~150mA